Is it karma or a cosmic 2x4?
Right. So I was all pleased with myself yesterday with leaving da bossman hanging. And I still am. He's failed, lol.
And I raved about the guys I work with, and how much they really contribute to my work satisfaction.
But really for the past 2 months I've been suppressing this gnawing dissatisfaction with my job. Well that's because it's not my field of expertise, it's not what I enjoy and frankly it's beneath me.
But I got a kid and I need to work.
And a lot of little hints have been dropping like raindrops from somewhere out there in the cosmos..a convo with the ops dude about why I would want to find another job (Is it the job? The money? The lack of insurance? Da bossman?) Well a little of the first, a LOT of the second, a WHOLE LOT of the third and a little of the fourth truth be told. I've worked for worse people than him.
Or so I thought til today.
So we're going over some invoices and cc bills. Str8 up business, no light office banter. I had a blonde moment and asked about one of the invoices we had already covered.
The man popped me in the head.
He popped me in the head like you pop a kid in the head (you know, thumb and forefinger, a thump). He said "That's what I do to my kids when they do something stupid." I replied, calmly and slowly, "I'm not one of your kids." To which he replied, "Then don't do something stupid and I won't have to treat you like one."
Ya know..I'm from the old school..I've lived through sexual harrassment when it wasn't fashionable to complain, I've had my ass chewed out, I've been nailed to the figurative cross on MANY occasions in the past 30 yrs..but NEVER have I had someone say - let alone DO what he did today.
At the very least I'm verklempt. At the very most I'm humiliated, insulted and mortified. As a person. This has jack to do with race or gender for me personally (although I can see a long list of insult under either of those categories).
So I left early - I don't need that shit and frankly I couldn't trust myself to not say something that would put me on the unemployment line. I need to ground and center myself tonight and pray, Pray, PRAY for guidance from Her.
My circle of cool chicks will be meeting this Sunday. I'll be there with BELLS ON to move through this fresh hell.
And on Monday he'll hear what I already know I'm going to say - but from a calmer, more focused me.
As soon as I walked in the door today I sent my resume out to a headhunter I'd been given an introduction to last week.
And I raved about the guys I work with, and how much they really contribute to my work satisfaction.
But really for the past 2 months I've been suppressing this gnawing dissatisfaction with my job. Well that's because it's not my field of expertise, it's not what I enjoy and frankly it's beneath me.
But I got a kid and I need to work.
And a lot of little hints have been dropping like raindrops from somewhere out there in the cosmos..a convo with the ops dude about why I would want to find another job (Is it the job? The money? The lack of insurance? Da bossman?) Well a little of the first, a LOT of the second, a WHOLE LOT of the third and a little of the fourth truth be told. I've worked for worse people than him.
Or so I thought til today.
So we're going over some invoices and cc bills. Str8 up business, no light office banter. I had a blonde moment and asked about one of the invoices we had already covered.
The man popped me in the head.
He popped me in the head like you pop a kid in the head (you know, thumb and forefinger, a thump). He said "That's what I do to my kids when they do something stupid." I replied, calmly and slowly, "I'm not one of your kids." To which he replied, "Then don't do something stupid and I won't have to treat you like one."
Ya know..I'm from the old school..I've lived through sexual harrassment when it wasn't fashionable to complain, I've had my ass chewed out, I've been nailed to the figurative cross on MANY occasions in the past 30 yrs..but NEVER have I had someone say - let alone DO what he did today.
At the very least I'm verklempt. At the very most I'm humiliated, insulted and mortified. As a person. This has jack to do with race or gender for me personally (although I can see a long list of insult under either of those categories).
So I left early - I don't need that shit and frankly I couldn't trust myself to not say something that would put me on the unemployment line. I need to ground and center myself tonight and pray, Pray, PRAY for guidance from Her.
My circle of cool chicks will be meeting this Sunday. I'll be there with BELLS ON to move through this fresh hell.
And on Monday he'll hear what I already know I'm going to say - but from a calmer, more focused me.
As soon as I walked in the door today I sent my resume out to a headhunter I'd been given an introduction to last week.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home