O, hai! The "official" official fresh start.
Well now that everything is scrubbed and somewhat organized and I think I know how I want this to progress, I suppose I should do the whole formal “Hai, my name is..” thing. I wanted to get through this because SO MUCH is going on in the world I need to move forward.
I’m me. Ok seriously, my name is Greer – yes, that’s my real name. If you’re a sick twisted freaked out axe murdering stalker bring it on, I got a 9mm with your name on it.
Anyway.
I live in the beautiful Washington, DC metropolitan area. I’m a divorced, widowed and soon-to-be-divorced-again 48 year old feminist, pagan, democrat, non-pc soccer mom. I’m also half black and half white, literally “black irish”. It’s how I self-identify so it’s important in the grand scheme of things and allows me to opine on the strengths and weaknesses of both races. I have 3 sons – Adam, 25; Sean, 21 and Tyler, 15. You’ll hear a lot about those 3 as whatever fresh hell they get into invariably affects my world. I’m also freakishly addicted to a particular computer game which gives me reason to question my sanity. These are the main starting points, you'll learn more as time goes by.
Let me also introduce the regular and semi-regular players that have roles in this drama:
“the dead husband” – husband #2 who died suddenly 4 yrs ago and who I grieve for every.fucking.day. Best friend and savior. He's been elevated to sainthood by me.
“the asshole” – husband #1 and father of my boys. He’s a fucktard, an alcoholic, a druggie, shiftless and a fucktard. Beat my ass every week for 15 years. We’ve spoken 5 times in the 13 yrs we’ve been divorced. Did I mention he’s a fucktard?
“the african” – husband #3, the rebound. We’ve been separated for a year and he won’t sign the fucking divorce papers. He’s an idiot.
“Kimmie” – my best friend and the “inscrutable Zen mistress”. (Yes, that’s totally non-pc but you’ll find I’m not pc at all.) Everything for her is black or white, there are no grey areas. She keeps my conscious clear.
“Mr Davis” aka "umf" – my other best friend for the past 13 years. Music is our common ground and at some point I’ll hip you to the website so you can have some intelligent shit dropped on you.
“the Butterfly” – new to the scene. My FB with benefits. ‘nuff said.
“Bubba” and “Miss Poo” – the kittehs!
And of course, "my mother" - her pearls of wisdom (read: inviolate tenents) will usually be in all caps.
At times I’ll just rant about whatever it is that makes my ass itch. (Yes, I curse a lot but only to emphasize my point.) Most of the time what you’ll get are my observations on life, music, politics, motherhood, sex – you get the picture. I don’t have an armload of degrees, or a powerful career. I only have my personal experiences as a WOC in the US, born before the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the product of two very different worlds colliding. Many of you won’t like some of the things I say, and I welcome INTELLIGENT commentary. If I think you’re an ass (and I’m pretty cool with most stuff) I’ll cut you off at the knees. So sit back and enjoy the ride. I am.
I’m me. Ok seriously, my name is Greer – yes, that’s my real name. If you’re a sick twisted freaked out axe murdering stalker bring it on, I got a 9mm with your name on it.
Anyway.
I live in the beautiful Washington, DC metropolitan area. I’m a divorced, widowed and soon-to-be-divorced-again 48 year old feminist, pagan, democrat, non-pc soccer mom. I’m also half black and half white, literally “black irish”. It’s how I self-identify so it’s important in the grand scheme of things and allows me to opine on the strengths and weaknesses of both races. I have 3 sons – Adam, 25; Sean, 21 and Tyler, 15. You’ll hear a lot about those 3 as whatever fresh hell they get into invariably affects my world. I’m also freakishly addicted to a particular computer game which gives me reason to question my sanity. These are the main starting points, you'll learn more as time goes by.
Let me also introduce the regular and semi-regular players that have roles in this drama:
“the dead husband” – husband #2 who died suddenly 4 yrs ago and who I grieve for every.fucking.day. Best friend and savior. He's been elevated to sainthood by me.
“the asshole” – husband #1 and father of my boys. He’s a fucktard, an alcoholic, a druggie, shiftless and a fucktard. Beat my ass every week for 15 years. We’ve spoken 5 times in the 13 yrs we’ve been divorced. Did I mention he’s a fucktard?
“the african” – husband #3, the rebound. We’ve been separated for a year and he won’t sign the fucking divorce papers. He’s an idiot.
“Kimmie” – my best friend and the “inscrutable Zen mistress”. (Yes, that’s totally non-pc but you’ll find I’m not pc at all.) Everything for her is black or white, there are no grey areas. She keeps my conscious clear.
“Mr Davis” aka "umf" – my other best friend for the past 13 years. Music is our common ground and at some point I’ll hip you to the website so you can have some intelligent shit dropped on you.
“the Butterfly” – new to the scene. My FB with benefits. ‘nuff said.
“Bubba” and “Miss Poo” – the kittehs!
And of course, "my mother" - her pearls of wisdom (read: inviolate tenents) will usually be in all caps.
At times I’ll just rant about whatever it is that makes my ass itch. (Yes, I curse a lot but only to emphasize my point.) Most of the time what you’ll get are my observations on life, music, politics, motherhood, sex – you get the picture. I don’t have an armload of degrees, or a powerful career. I only have my personal experiences as a WOC in the US, born before the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the product of two very different worlds colliding. Many of you won’t like some of the things I say, and I welcome INTELLIGENT commentary. If I think you’re an ass (and I’m pretty cool with most stuff) I’ll cut you off at the knees. So sit back and enjoy the ride. I am.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home