Way to take the fun out of a long weekend
I think I'm officially from a generation who's time is past.
And that's a fuck-all thing to realize.
The things I was taught as a child, that I've tried to teach my own children seems to be a thing of the past.
Respect for others. Passive resistence. Looking at both the good and bad and learning from them. Understanding what someone says/does to you by stepping out of yourself and being objective. Respecting - even if not agreeing - with the opinions of others.
Mr. Davis always describes one's life experiences or contributing to society as having "skin in the game". My life has been a manic depressive's wet dream and I've given back a lot to the world in a positive way. So I can safely say I've GOT "skin in the game", a couple bodies worth truth be told.
I've always seen things as they are, not looked through rose colored classes. Except in love, love makes me dumb as a stump and I've made a conscious decision to avoid it forever more. I've always called 'em like I see 'em. I've always accepted that human nature is not always ideal.
I dunno. This is without doubt stream of consciousness ramblings today. Back to my long weekend. I knew I should have left the laptop home.
But for me it's just another nail in that coffin that's moving toward old age.
now playing on my iPod - "Tatu" from "Dark Magus", Miles Davis
And that's a fuck-all thing to realize.
The things I was taught as a child, that I've tried to teach my own children seems to be a thing of the past.
Respect for others. Passive resistence. Looking at both the good and bad and learning from them. Understanding what someone says/does to you by stepping out of yourself and being objective. Respecting - even if not agreeing - with the opinions of others.
Mr. Davis always describes one's life experiences or contributing to society as having "skin in the game". My life has been a manic depressive's wet dream and I've given back a lot to the world in a positive way. So I can safely say I've GOT "skin in the game", a couple bodies worth truth be told.
I've always seen things as they are, not looked through rose colored classes. Except in love, love makes me dumb as a stump and I've made a conscious decision to avoid it forever more. I've always called 'em like I see 'em. I've always accepted that human nature is not always ideal.
I dunno. This is without doubt stream of consciousness ramblings today. Back to my long weekend. I knew I should have left the laptop home.
But for me it's just another nail in that coffin that's moving toward old age.
now playing on my iPod - "Tatu" from "Dark Magus", Miles Davis

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home