Who the hell are you and what did you do with my kid?
I have NO FUCKING CLUE what happened to my juvenile delinquent. He's like - gone.
In his place is the newly promoted Private First Class Tyler. Who is up for yet ANOTHER promotion to Lance Corporal and is currently the squad leader.
I'm not a military-minded kind of person. However, I do respect those that choose it as a career path. I have two very good friends my age who are veterans of the Gulf War. They both chose the military to get out of their small towns and see the world and get an education.
But I DO admire the way the military can instill respect and order in a person. My former brother in law was a total fuckwad until he joined the Navy. He's still a fuckwad and sadist, but after he left the Navy he got his shit together and is a successful, productive member of society. I've had cousins who joined the military to get out of the ghetto trap and get an education. Most of them went on to carve out a decent chunk of the American Dream. Only one came back from 'Nam strung out on heroin and eventually blew his brains out.
So when I had had ENOUGH of the juvenile delinquent, putting him in MCJROTC was his (and my) last chance for him to GET HIS SHIT TOGETHER.
And it appears to be working. I really think he's taken to it like a fish to water. I also know that my son is by nature a very structured, orderly person - almost borderline OCD. The Marines seem to have tapped into that part of him and helped him manifest it in his daily life.
Now he swears he isn't going to be in MCJROTC for the rest of high school. But I'm here to tell you - HE WILL BE BECAUSE I SAID SO.
That is all.
now playing on my iPod "Properties of Propaganda (Fuk This Shit On Up)", Fishbone
In his place is the newly promoted Private First Class Tyler. Who is up for yet ANOTHER promotion to Lance Corporal and is currently the squad leader.
I'm not a military-minded kind of person. However, I do respect those that choose it as a career path. I have two very good friends my age who are veterans of the Gulf War. They both chose the military to get out of their small towns and see the world and get an education.
But I DO admire the way the military can instill respect and order in a person. My former brother in law was a total fuckwad until he joined the Navy. He's still a fuckwad and sadist, but after he left the Navy he got his shit together and is a successful, productive member of society. I've had cousins who joined the military to get out of the ghetto trap and get an education. Most of them went on to carve out a decent chunk of the American Dream. Only one came back from 'Nam strung out on heroin and eventually blew his brains out.
So when I had had ENOUGH of the juvenile delinquent, putting him in MCJROTC was his (and my) last chance for him to GET HIS SHIT TOGETHER.
And it appears to be working. I really think he's taken to it like a fish to water. I also know that my son is by nature a very structured, orderly person - almost borderline OCD. The Marines seem to have tapped into that part of him and helped him manifest it in his daily life.
Now he swears he isn't going to be in MCJROTC for the rest of high school. But I'm here to tell you - HE WILL BE BECAUSE I SAID SO.
That is all.
now playing on my iPod "Properties of Propaganda (Fuk This Shit On Up)", Fishbone
Labels: parentude

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home