Wednesday, October 08, 2008

I understand completely.

Read this. Frustrated Parents Dump Teens at Hospitals

You know what? I UNDERSTAND COMPLETELY.

For at least the past 2 years my youngest son has slowly been losing his mind. Not technically, but his behavior had become such that he may as well have been.

It started out as the standard adolescent bullshit, immediately followed by the supremely ignorant BET gangsta shit and finally hit the ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND MOTHERFUCKER shit? See, at that point he decided that putting his hands on his mother was OK.

And I decided to put a ruler on his ass and went to jail for it.

So $2000 later (for MY attorney) he decided that was clearly not enough. He decided to be out in the street at 3:30am and have a little meet-up with the po-po, cuz you know that bitch of a mother he has couldn't TOUCH HIM. He had THE POWER. He had put her in jail. (Note from hearing: charges dismissed, correct action, incorrect instrument. It helped that he was a fucktard to the DA.)

At this point, his older brothers threw up their hands and told me to write him off. If he thought hitting THEIR mother was cool, he needed to be sent to THE ASSHOLE (their father) who would teach him just what hitting was all about.

Now I hadn't talked to the asshole more than twice in the 13 yrs we had been divorced. But at this point even he wouldn't take him. Rat bastard. Asshole's solution: "Take him out to the woods across county lines G and beat him senseless them leave him to find his way home. Hey, when I'm up there in VA you wanna get together and you know.." Right. So I can go to jail for life for doing that to my kid and finally killing you like the rabid dog you are. I must have been desperate to ask for his help. The squick factor after that convo was off the charts. (The Butterfly teases me about it to this day, rat bastard.)

But wait. Superman ain't quite done.

I get a knock on the door. There's the po-po with him in handcuffs for shoplifting.

Apparently his insanity had infected me as well. I lived like a prisoner in my own home. I locked myself in my room and avoided ANY and ALL interaction with this little shithead. I simply could not cope.

But one morning I woke up and decided I was done with this. I had promised myself after the 15 yrs of being beaten senseless by their asshole father I would NEVER allow anyone to put their hands on me again, and I was going to keep that promise to myself. If this child I had raised myself, carefully crafted to be open minded, intelligent and well rounded had decided at the age of 15 to piss on everything - then fuck it, let him.

So I contacted the store he had shoplifted from, told them I was not going to give them $65 for their "deterrent program" and that they were free to prosecute him to the full extent of the law.

Meanwhile, at court for the curfew violation, I asked the judge to double his community service. (Humorous bit from that - son asks "Where's my attorney?" mom says "Did you have $2k to hire one? No? Then I guess you're fucked. See, I have a job, I have money. I can afford one when *I* need one. Cuz ya know, I'm GROWN.")

*Blink*

Yes son, your mother is a bitch. You are finding out that your mother is a bad mutha fucka. She's done with your shit. She's letting you hang out to dry.

She's letting you be the MAN you think you are.

*Blink*

Well after getting all his community service in, after successfully participating in the county's FREE program for first offenders and his current stint in the MCJROTC in school - I have my son back.

He's still got attitude (damn right, he's my kid!), he's still a raging cauldron of hormones on two feet but my KID is BACK. He's even "new" and "improved" as he still goes back to where he did his community service and just helps out on his own. He doesn't curse, he's proud to wear his MCJROTC uniform and he helps out around the house. And his pants aren't hanging below his ass-line anymore!

The young man who makes me laugh with his biting sense of humor, who dances with me in the car to Parliament, Marvin Gaye and the Red Hot Chili Peppers, who works along side me cooking dinner, who can discuss politics and physics with me, who picks out movies we can watch together, who SMILES - is back.

So yeah. I can understand how people can abandon their kids. I almost abandoned mine, almost signed him over to the state when I felt I had no one to turn to, no one to point me in the right direction, no one to help me out.

I understand.



*Blink* unashamedly lifted directly from The Angry Black Bitch's blog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home