On vampires and my (questionable) sanity
I will admit it. I'm a vampire-aholic.
Ever since I read Bram Stoker's "Dracula" in the 4th grade I've been hooked. I can't think of a vampire movie I haven't seen - even the shitty ones. "Once Bitten" with Lauren Hutton anyone? Gah that was perhaps one of the worst. I can stand campy over out and out stupid. "Blade" was just, well let me put it this way - I met Mr. Snipes and I'm here to tell you, if EVER there was a brotha that was a walking Hershey bar, it's him. I think my favorite modern vamp movie was Coppola's 1992 "Dracula". Gary Oldman could just fucking rip out my throat. It was also the most beautifully done vamp movie I can think of and true to the original novel.
Vampires are also dead sexy (pun intended). Their sensuality is insane. Thanks of course to Ann Rice's Vampire Chronicles - I've read and own all of them - she brought their sexiness right out there in your face. Yes, I was one of those who debated the casting of Tom Cruise as Lestat, but he hit it. Queen of the Damned" was ok, but as an Ann Rice purist I was - not impressed.
I'll also admit I turned #2 son into a vampire fan at a young age. He and I have been trying for YEARS to convince #1 and #3 sons that vampires RULE and trump any other kind of supernatural creature out there. (Yes, we're a demented family.) Why the hell anyone would want to be a werewolf over a vampire makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever.
What the hell was the point of this post? Oh yeah.
The guys at work keep talking about the series "True Blood" on HBO. Well we don't have cable or satellite so I hadn't seen it. And it nagged at me til last night when I went on a "True Blood" marathon and watched them all online. Twice. In fact, they're minimized right now so I can watch them again. (Watching Japanese rips of movies and tv shows sucks ass cuz the streaming is crap.)
I'm also going to torrent them. I'm also going to buy them when they come out on dvd. This series better not go the way of "Rome" and only have 2 damn seasons.
ZOMG!!! I'm fucking hooked. Bite me! Bite me! Bite me!
Ever since I read Bram Stoker's "Dracula" in the 4th grade I've been hooked. I can't think of a vampire movie I haven't seen - even the shitty ones. "Once Bitten" with Lauren Hutton anyone? Gah that was perhaps one of the worst. I can stand campy over out and out stupid. "Blade" was just, well let me put it this way - I met Mr. Snipes and I'm here to tell you, if EVER there was a brotha that was a walking Hershey bar, it's him. I think my favorite modern vamp movie was Coppola's 1992 "Dracula". Gary Oldman could just fucking rip out my throat. It was also the most beautifully done vamp movie I can think of and true to the original novel.
Vampires are also dead sexy (pun intended). Their sensuality is insane. Thanks of course to Ann Rice's Vampire Chronicles - I've read and own all of them - she brought their sexiness right out there in your face. Yes, I was one of those who debated the casting of Tom Cruise as Lestat, but he hit it. Queen of the Damned" was ok, but as an Ann Rice purist I was - not impressed.
I'll also admit I turned #2 son into a vampire fan at a young age. He and I have been trying for YEARS to convince #1 and #3 sons that vampires RULE and trump any other kind of supernatural creature out there. (Yes, we're a demented family.) Why the hell anyone would want to be a werewolf over a vampire makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever.
What the hell was the point of this post? Oh yeah.
The guys at work keep talking about the series "True Blood" on HBO. Well we don't have cable or satellite so I hadn't seen it. And it nagged at me til last night when I went on a "True Blood" marathon and watched them all online. Twice. In fact, they're minimized right now so I can watch them again. (Watching Japanese rips of movies and tv shows sucks ass cuz the streaming is crap.)
I'm also going to torrent them. I'm also going to buy them when they come out on dvd. This series better not go the way of "Rome" and only have 2 damn seasons.
ZOMG!!! I'm fucking hooked. Bite me! Bite me! Bite me!

5 Comments:
Hello I just found your blog seeing you on the black snob. I'm a black vampireholic too! They are the greatest monsters and beings of legend ever!
Aha, I am going to have to check out True Blood then. I saw the trailer for "Twilight" and the cinematography looks very pretty, but I haven't read any of them yet.
Hey misshellsing - yep they are. And if they were real I'd find one and do whatever it took to become one.
SJ - I'm like, honored. MATY sux piles of tard poo without you.
I'm still trying to get the whole vamp mythos in True Blood. Every writer has their own twist, so we'll see how this goes.
I've heard great stuff about Twilight as well. Planned on starting the series this weekend after payday. I agree with you about the cinematography from the trailers I've watched. The girlies that chase after my son LOVE the books but their opinions matter little, it's all about the vamps.
Mostly definalty I would love to have one. Rather him have me.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home