Tuesday, October 28, 2008

This, that and hitting the pause button

So I've decided to put off the whole "influential people in my life" theme until I get over Kimmie's and scan some pics. Any other way will annoy me.

Dinner! After dinner festivities! Yay! The Butterfly and I went to dinner last night and had a fuckin' ball. I enjoy the hell out of the conversations we have and he keeps me laughing non-stop. Nothing like an intelligent man. And no cockblocking this time! Woot!

PFC Tyler has taken a slight detour in the "admirable kid" category the past few days. I've had to put him on lockdown for willfully disobeying a direct order and being less than respectful in his tone to me. Sucks to be him.

My circle of chicks seems completely incapable of finalizing our Samhain ritual. Well this year has seen all of us completely out of whack so I'm not surprised, but c'mon - Samhain is freakin' FRIDAY! I really don't wanna go all crone on them and lay down the law, but it's moving in that direction. Damn whippersnappers!

So on Thursday I have my first REAL doctor appt in oh let's see, 12 years. Yeah. I'm SO not excited. I'm sure she'll require I set up a mammogram (my first) and I'm not looking forward to that AT ALL.

I got some new books the other day - well not so much new as they are old but I don't have them in my personal collection. "Black Feminist Thought" by Patricia Hill Collins, "The Feminine Mystique" by Betty Friedan, "Full Frontal Feminism, A Young Woman's Guide to Why Feminism Matters" by Jessica Valenti (founder of feministing.com) and "Women Who Run With the Wolves, Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype" by Clarissa Pinkola Estes. Hangin' out with all these young feminist chickies (who are fucking AMAZING btw) at Uppity Women Forum (get thee THERE dammit!) made me realize I needed to RE-READ some of the original stuff I read a gazillion years ago, and I needed them in my personal stash, so. I also wanted to read some of the new stuff, hence the "Full Frontal Feminism" which I'm also making PFC Tyler read.

And oh yeah - IT'S FUCKING COLD HERE

Assmitten over at I, Asshole made me feel all guilty about my recent lack of June Cleaverdom so we're baking sugar cookies tonight. Mmmm..

And life grinds ever onward.

now playing on my iPod "What's New Pussycat?", Tom Jones

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home