On rum, getting cockblocked and the internet
Let me preface this by saying I'm reasonably inebrieated.
My evening plans were cockblocked (shakes fist at Assmitten as it's all HER FAULT dammit!) and I'm turning to alcohol to compensate for the lack of (actually) damn fine conversation. The sex would have been welcome but not required.
Anywho.
Yammering back and forth with the aforementioned Assmitten reminded me of why I lurv the interwebs so much. You get to meet some pretty fucking amazing people. And knowing these people can make some HUGE changes in your life.
Let me also mention that I met the dead husband on the internet almost 14 yrs ago and we eventually got together IRL and lived together and got married. So I don't really subscribe to the "every other person on the internet is an axe murderer" school of thought.
Over these past 14 years I HAVE met some pretty awesome folks who also moved into the IRL state. Back in the day I used to go to "chat parties" held in various cities across the country and meet people I talked to online. I even had one of those individuals (who I thought I was in love with) leave his wife and move in with me - for all of 2 days. Fortunately he wasn't an axe murderer, just an idiot. (Yes, I am a bad ass mama-jama despite what you read here.)
Mr. Davis aka umf is another of those people. Also one who has been a friend for 14 years and for all intents and purposes is my "spiritual partner". We've only managed to get together IRL a few times over those years, but we keep in touch almost daily and our kids even know each other.
Speaking of which, let me direct you to the website (I have been TERRIBLY remiss) Soul Patrol We grew that out of a combination of chat rooms and bbs on Prodigy back in the day. Since that time I've met a shitload of artists and attended the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremonies in NYC. (Buried deep in there is a rather um, risque listening party chat about Miles Davis' "Dark Magus" with yours truly having what was described by Michael Henderson as "damn fine sex online". Ok, Miles does that to me, what can I say? LOL)
Frankly, the thing that keeps me coming to the internet is PEOPLE. I love to meet new people from the safety of my computer. Yeah, I know folks can lie and pretend with the monitor in front of them, but truly I've only run into a few of those losers. The majority of people I've met and kept in touch with through the internet have enriched my life. Given me the opportunity to look at my own experiences through the eyes of others.
And THAT my friends, is MOST EXCELLENT.
now playing on my iPod "Down in It" NIN
My evening plans were cockblocked (shakes fist at Assmitten as it's all HER FAULT dammit!) and I'm turning to alcohol to compensate for the lack of (actually) damn fine conversation. The sex would have been welcome but not required.
Anywho.
Yammering back and forth with the aforementioned Assmitten reminded me of why I lurv the interwebs so much. You get to meet some pretty fucking amazing people. And knowing these people can make some HUGE changes in your life.
Let me also mention that I met the dead husband on the internet almost 14 yrs ago and we eventually got together IRL and lived together and got married. So I don't really subscribe to the "every other person on the internet is an axe murderer" school of thought.
Over these past 14 years I HAVE met some pretty awesome folks who also moved into the IRL state. Back in the day I used to go to "chat parties" held in various cities across the country and meet people I talked to online. I even had one of those individuals (who I thought I was in love with) leave his wife and move in with me - for all of 2 days. Fortunately he wasn't an axe murderer, just an idiot. (Yes, I am a bad ass mama-jama despite what you read here.)
Mr. Davis aka umf is another of those people. Also one who has been a friend for 14 years and for all intents and purposes is my "spiritual partner". We've only managed to get together IRL a few times over those years, but we keep in touch almost daily and our kids even know each other.
Speaking of which, let me direct you to the website (I have been TERRIBLY remiss) Soul Patrol We grew that out of a combination of chat rooms and bbs on Prodigy back in the day. Since that time I've met a shitload of artists and attended the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremonies in NYC. (Buried deep in there is a rather um, risque listening party chat about Miles Davis' "Dark Magus" with yours truly having what was described by Michael Henderson as "damn fine sex online". Ok, Miles does that to me, what can I say? LOL)
Frankly, the thing that keeps me coming to the internet is PEOPLE. I love to meet new people from the safety of my computer. Yeah, I know folks can lie and pretend with the monitor in front of them, but truly I've only run into a few of those losers. The majority of people I've met and kept in touch with through the internet have enriched my life. Given me the opportunity to look at my own experiences through the eyes of others.
And THAT my friends, is MOST EXCELLENT.
now playing on my iPod "Down in It" NIN
Labels: drunken debauchery, friends, internet, music, sex

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home