My sad place (today)
Obama Election Spurs Race Crimes Around Country
This is the commentary Mr. Davis posted on the Soul Patrol mailing list about the news story above:
"I realize that this is off topic. I should probably be more focused on writing album reviews this morning...
However I find this Associated Press article to be extremely disturbing. This kinda stuff goes way beyond being a "sore loser" in an election.
-- What is more disturbing is that our current "leadership" (i.e.: President Bush) has not said anything condemning this activity.
-- Where is the voice of the "loyal opposition" on this topic, that I have been hearing the Republicans talking so much on TV in the past week?
-- Even the silence of the so called "Black Republicans" is deafening, perhaps they too are sitting in silent support of this kind of activity?
Perhaps these folks have spoken out and condemned this activity, and I missed it?
If McCain had won, would Black Americans be doing similar things?
I don't know the answers to these questions, I'm just asking them...
(cultural change isn't always an easy thing)"
Then today on my fav Sim site the resident douchebag posted a couple of extremely racist photoshopped pics of the Prez-elect. ONE person responded to this..ONE. The owner of the forum so far has refused to ban this person because it will cause HIM inconvenience. I love that place but I think I'm gonna have to not visit there anymore. I won't be missed at all as I'm mostly a lurker, but I'll miss the goodies for the game they make. But I can't patronize somewhere that racism is allowed to stand.
My country has done such a wonderful thing. We've taken such a HUGE step forward. The only good that can come from the resurgence of this type of racism is fewer people will tolerate it and stand up and say ENOUGH.
This is the commentary Mr. Davis posted on the Soul Patrol mailing list about the news story above:
"I realize that this is off topic. I should probably be more focused on writing album reviews this morning...
However I find this Associated Press article to be extremely disturbing. This kinda stuff goes way beyond being a "sore loser" in an election.
-- What is more disturbing is that our current "leadership" (i.e.: President Bush) has not said anything condemning this activity.
-- Where is the voice of the "loyal opposition" on this topic, that I have been hearing the Republicans talking so much on TV in the past week?
-- Even the silence of the so called "Black Republicans" is deafening, perhaps they too are sitting in silent support of this kind of activity?
Perhaps these folks have spoken out and condemned this activity, and I missed it?
If McCain had won, would Black Americans be doing similar things?
I don't know the answers to these questions, I'm just asking them...
(cultural change isn't always an easy thing)"
Then today on my fav Sim site the resident douchebag posted a couple of extremely racist photoshopped pics of the Prez-elect. ONE person responded to this..ONE. The owner of the forum so far has refused to ban this person because it will cause HIM inconvenience. I love that place but I think I'm gonna have to not visit there anymore. I won't be missed at all as I'm mostly a lurker, but I'll miss the goodies for the game they make. But I can't patronize somewhere that racism is allowed to stand.
My country has done such a wonderful thing. We've taken such a HUGE step forward. The only good that can come from the resurgence of this type of racism is fewer people will tolerate it and stand up and say ENOUGH.

2 Comments:
That is too bad.
We still have a long way to go.
I think that you may enjoy this post.
My Chicago Election Day Diary
Yup.
WHOA! That was stream of consciousness to the nth degree! Awesomesauce.
And you're right, when did Che Guevara become cool? I so missed that memo.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home