Happiness is..being utterly bored
I can't begin to say how WONDERFUL it is to be utterly bored right now. There is no drama in my personal life - I can't say the same for my extended family - but I'm THRILLED to be completely bored.
My little container garden is flourishing - the spinach, beets and green onions are sprouting, still no carrots peeking up; I planted green peppers and hot peppers and got all my herbs. The cold snap the past few days is taking it's toll, have to see how they fare. My corn is germinating and I bought purple pansies (going with purple and gold this year) and planted black eyes susans. All in all, I'm quite satisfied with my little oasis outdoors and my Greenman is watching over it all. This past weekend was GORGEOUS and I actually fell asleep sitting out there on Sunday.
Unfortunately, those around me are falling to pieces. Kimmie is struggling with depression from all her medical problems, G-Mama is mourning the finality of nursing the little witchlet, H-Bomb is dealing with Mr. Toes needing surgery (he's 4) and AS USUAL son #3 has no interest whatsoever in working. Sadly I've told him I'm putting him out at the end of the month. I don't know what he'll do then.
Socks is..well he's overworked to the point of evil personified. Until today I've seen him all of 4 times in 2 weeks. Today he just flat out put himself in my hands and let me spoil him unmercifully. Poor thing.
I've also finally gotten around to (yet again) throwing away shit I don't need or don't use. It never ceases to amaze me how much of the Dead Husband's shit I kept. Ah well, it's a process I suppose.
I like this boredom. It's nice to be able to do and worry about NOTHING.
My little container garden is flourishing - the spinach, beets and green onions are sprouting, still no carrots peeking up; I planted green peppers and hot peppers and got all my herbs. The cold snap the past few days is taking it's toll, have to see how they fare. My corn is germinating and I bought purple pansies (going with purple and gold this year) and planted black eyes susans. All in all, I'm quite satisfied with my little oasis outdoors and my Greenman is watching over it all. This past weekend was GORGEOUS and I actually fell asleep sitting out there on Sunday.
Unfortunately, those around me are falling to pieces. Kimmie is struggling with depression from all her medical problems, G-Mama is mourning the finality of nursing the little witchlet, H-Bomb is dealing with Mr. Toes needing surgery (he's 4) and AS USUAL son #3 has no interest whatsoever in working. Sadly I've told him I'm putting him out at the end of the month. I don't know what he'll do then.
Socks is..well he's overworked to the point of evil personified. Until today I've seen him all of 4 times in 2 weeks. Today he just flat out put himself in my hands and let me spoil him unmercifully. Poor thing.
I've also finally gotten around to (yet again) throwing away shit I don't need or don't use. It never ceases to amaze me how much of the Dead Husband's shit I kept. Ah well, it's a process I suppose.
I like this boredom. It's nice to be able to do and worry about NOTHING.
Labels: plain old stupid shit

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home