Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Junkie's Gospel

Yes, "coochie on lockdown" is back. I'm sorry, I love that avatar and could care less if it's offensive to anyone.

I've been all edgy the past few days. But edgy under the surface, not outside. Something's going down - unfortunately it ain't me. I don't know what it is but my skin is almost crawling.

I'm obsessing over shit too. Well that's actually normal for me. Like right now I'm on a Tom Jones jag and a blue jag. All Tom Jones music All the Time and All Blue Clothing All the Time. I'm also hopping from fav blogs to fav forums and back again all damn day. I do know I need to go on a coffee detox soon too. The green tea and the cranberry juice are flushing all kinds of nasty poisons from years of smoking. (Yes, I'm extremely in tune with my body, little gets past me.)

Maybe it's just the quitting smoking thing. The cravings are still infrequent, but when I get them - I GET THEM. It's like coked out pms or something. They say when you're detoxing and going through withdrawal from the serious drugs you feel this way. Like you could literally jump out of your skin. I've had actual reformed junkies tell me this so I kinda take it as gospel. Nicotine is the only thing I've ever been addicted to and this is the only time I've seriously tried to kick it, so..

I still can't get over my self-control in all this. I HAVE NOT HAD A CIGARETTE IN 2 FUCKING WEEKS BITCHES! Not even a hard, stale, burnt out butt. NOTHING! But if whatever is brewing doesn't break soon I WILL jump out of my skin.

Now where is that red-headed man when I need him....


now playing on my iPod "It's Not Unusual" Tom Jones

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kofi Bofah said...

It's not unusual?

Carlton?

Carlton Banks?

12:43 AM  
Blogger greer said...

Um. I'm actually old enough to KNOW who Tom Jones is.

Although I must admit I jammed with Carlton when he did his Tom Jones dance.

OK DAMMIT I LIKE TOM JONES, SO SUE ME! :)

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home