One Pack of Marlboro's please and hold the Lonely Heart
I'm trying really hard to be nice to people lately.
It seems that everyone around me has decided I need someone in my life. (Except Kimmie, she has good sense.) I've been separated for an acceptable amount of time, perhaps I should start dating again.
Um.
No.
"There are some great dating sites out there, try one." "If you'd get out more you'd meet some interesting people." "Surely there are single men where you live, just step up and start talking." "You're outgoing, so go out!"
WTF? Do I look like Ms Lonely Heart? It's the quitting smoking thing, isn't it? The look of desperation and madness you see is the neverending want for a cigarette - not a man.
Look, I am not interested in taking on the responsibility of someone else's emotional well being. I like not worrying about if another person is happy, upset, having their needs met. Really. Cross my heart. I like the arrangement I have now. I like living in the absolute moment as it happens to fall with the red-headed man. In fact I'd like another one of him to cover his down time. Seriously.
I've said never and I really shouldn't. The cosmos has a way of saying "ORLY?" BAM! "There's your *never* bitch!" It would be better to say "Not consciously seeking a partner or companion". I'm really looking forward to just being Greer. Alone.
now playing on my iPod "Janie's Got A Gun" Aerosmith
It seems that everyone around me has decided I need someone in my life. (Except Kimmie, she has good sense.) I've been separated for an acceptable amount of time, perhaps I should start dating again.
Um.
No.
"There are some great dating sites out there, try one." "If you'd get out more you'd meet some interesting people." "Surely there are single men where you live, just step up and start talking." "You're outgoing, so go out!"
WTF? Do I look like Ms Lonely Heart? It's the quitting smoking thing, isn't it? The look of desperation and madness you see is the neverending want for a cigarette - not a man.
Look, I am not interested in taking on the responsibility of someone else's emotional well being. I like not worrying about if another person is happy, upset, having their needs met. Really. Cross my heart. I like the arrangement I have now. I like living in the absolute moment as it happens to fall with the red-headed man. In fact I'd like another one of him to cover his down time. Seriously.
I've said never and I really shouldn't. The cosmos has a way of saying "ORLY?" BAM! "There's your *never* bitch!" It would be better to say "Not consciously seeking a partner or companion". I'm really looking forward to just being Greer. Alone.
now playing on my iPod "Janie's Got A Gun" Aerosmith

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home