Thursday, November 27, 2008

This is what happens when you let colored folks in the white house

My mother got cable tv. This is like, well it's one of those things where EVERYONE just stopped and went slack-jawed. My mother is 83 and she has NEVER had cable tv. Ever. The only reason my techno age kids knew what rabbit ears were is because Grandma had them and you had to fuck with them to watch tv at her house. But the national switch from analog to digital forced her to get cable (she cannot miss the 6 o'clock news or life will cease to exist). It also forced her to buy a new tv. HD no less. She's had the same tv since I lived with her 29 YEARS AGO.

I blame the election of a black man. Our very foundations are crumbling.

Next, my son the drama whore is back with his old girlfriend. Apparently he got rid of the Sabra that told him "we can't ever get married, you're black, my family will kill me". Um, yeah. Like I told him. WTF? This ain't West Side Story dood. But no, he gave up the girl that has stuck with him through thick and thin for almost 5 years for a piece of foreign tail. Even PFC Tyler told him he was an idiot. But he came over for Thanksgiving dinner today with Christina in tow. The heavens opened up. Oh, if you hadn't realized - Christina passes the "She's Acceptable as a Daughter-in-Law" test with me.

Next he informed me that he had slowly been working on starting his own business (which I had been telling him to do for like, forever). He showed me his website and again I was slack-jawed. DOOD HAS HIS OWN FUCKING BUSINESS!!!

Again, I blame it all on the election of Barack Obama. Making all these colored folks all uppity n' shit. Thinking they can actually have a piece of the American Dream. An old black woman getting cable and HD tv. A young black dood who only wanted to work to buy weed starting this own legitimate business. Truly we have reached the end of days.

My Thanksgiving couldn't get any better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home