Monday, February 16, 2009

blue - or musical interlude #9

Because before there was youtube there was just - music.



blue - joni mitchell



I first listened to this album in the year it came out in 1971 when I was 10. I used my hard earned babysitting money to buy it. One of those "first albums you buy for yourself because it touches you" kind of albums.




a case of you - joni mitchell



The music on this album has stayed with me for 37 years. That's pretty fucking powerful. It's not just the music of my youth making me feel all sentimental, it was profound then and it's profound now. It's one of those albums that taught me the POWER of lyrics.




all i want - joni mitchell



Like a lot of stuff, I lost track of the album over the years and replaced it with the cd. I was online chatting with some dood about 10 yrs ago and mentioned this album, how it made me feel, how powerful the lyrics were and how I had lost my cd of it when I was homeless. He asked for my address and sent me a new cd. I still have it.




river - joni mitchell



I've been hidden away in my room all weekend cuz my heart hurts bad. This has kept me company again like it has over the years. It speaks my soul. To me, it's the most beautiful album in the world.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home