Friday, February 13, 2009

Yo, can a girl get some samsara synchronization here?

I had a good day today. I took the day off so I could get a 4 day weekend. I cleaned and reorganized my room. The Butterfly and I had some VERY rare time alone at my house. He made me smile. He's good to me. All is well.

Which brings me to that fuck-all day tomorrow, Valentine's Day.

Yeah, that day which is designed to make those of us who aren't in a relationship feel like shit.

I never really bought into the hype of it, but it IS nice to have a significant other to spoil you that day. Of course some people take the whole romance aspect out and celebrate ALL the love they have in their lives. That's cool I guess but shouldn't you do that everyday anyway?

I'll admit it, right now I wish my relationship with the Butterfly was such that the retail spirit of the day could manifest itself. I'll be so bold as to admit I wish I could have a singular relationship with him. I wish he could swoop into the house tomorrow with roses, candy, wisk me off to a romantic dinner and then make passionate love to me all night long.

But that wasn't meant to be in this lifetime's go round.

So I'll drink heavily, cry ceaselessly, surround myself with all the stuffed animals the dead husband got me every Valentine's Day (yes I saved them all, one every year) and wish I could have better timing in love.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home