On raising a Black male in Amerikkka
Today...I'm going on a race rant.
There are 4 days left in the school year. I got a call from the principal at LCpl Tyler's school to come get him. He's been suspended for 5 days. (Really? 5 days and there are only 4 left?)
Apparently LCpl Tyler used the word FUCK (as in "Who the fuck cares") while being chewed out by a teacher. Apparently some little chick in his class was putting out cupcakes (this is High School fer chrissakes!), LCpl Tyler stood up to see what kind they were, said chick told him "Sit the fuck down and shut up, we're not ready", to which LCpl Tyler responded "Ok, calm down, no problem". His pinky-dicked teacher proceeded to send LCpl Tyler out to the hall to chew him a new asshole for DARING to talk back to someone who cursed at HIM first. (Note that LCpl Tyler did not curse at this chick and kept his cool. He knows the dealie with girls, they get a pass for being bitches.) Said dickless wonder teacher then proceeds to chew LCpl Tyler out, at which point LCpl Tyler said "Who the fuck cares?" Well, apparently the dickless wonder did (note, LCpl Tyler did NOT direct the word fuck AT his teacher personally.)
So I had to leave work to go pick him up. This is where the shit hit the fan for me.
The principal, Dr. I-Have-A-Doctorate-So-I'm-Better-Than-You proceeded to suggest that I may want to consider putting LCpl Tyler in a "special school" in VA Beach where he would get his GED in 5 months as school "isn't for everyone".
WHAT. THE. FUCK??????
Dr. I-Have-A-Doctorate-So-I'm-Better-Than-You then suggested that, "If he has anger management issues perhaps medication would be appropriate."
WHAT. THE. FUCK?????
Now let me point out a few things here. First, I may write like a fucking Shaneequa on here sometimes, but IRL in these situations and at work I am the very definition of professionalism and poise. (I vent here so the inner Shaneequa DOES come out sometimes.) Second, LCpl Tyler has not been in trouble at school for ANYTHING serious in 2 yrs.
SO HOW THE MOTHER FUCK DO YOU DETERMINE THAT ONE INCIDENT JUSTIFIES PUTTING MY FUCKING SON ON THE TRACK TO LOSER BLACK MALE????
I explained to Dr. I-Have-A-Doctorate-So-I'm-Better-Than-You that: a) I may have issues with LCpl Tyler's behavior, but he is neither a failure nor a juvenile delinquent; b) he is healthy, has been tested for every disability out there and it has been determined he HAS NO LEARNING/BEHAVIORIAL issues that require MEDICATION; c) I take full responsibility for getting LCpl Tyler to the age of 18 with a high school diploma; and d) I am not the type of parent that is looking for an "out" with my child due to the normal flow of growing up by tossing him away or sedating him into obedience.
I then told Dr. I-Have-A-Doctorate-So-I'm-Better-Than-You that I would like to have LCpl Tyler's Gunney Sgt present. So we went down there. OH YEAH Dr. I-Have-A-Doctorate-So-I'm-Better-Than-You - LCpl Tyler has been a CLASS LEADER ALL YEAR, HE'S VERY RESPONSIBLE, VERY SELF-CONFIDENT AND IS RESPECTED BY HIS SGT AND HIS CLASSMATES. "It must have been an abberation, but I'm sure LCpl Tyler will learn from this." (Go Gunney, Go Gunney, It's your birfday!) So FUCK YOU. Of course Dr. I-Have-A-Doctorate-So-I'm-Better-Than-You was shocked, shocked I tell ya.
I also informed Dr. I-Have-A-Doctorate-So-I'm-Better-Than-You that LCpl Tyler would attend summer school for the next 2 years to ensure he graduates in 2011. LCpl Tyler expressed his dislike for this arrangement and Dr. I-Have-A-Doctorate-So-I'm-Better-Than-You had THE NERVE to ask me why I would put him in summer school when he seemed so against it. I then informed Dr. I-Have-A-Doctorate-So-I'm-Better-Than-You that last time I checked, LCpl Tyler was a MINOR, that I was his PARENT and as such I had EVERY LEGAL RIGHT TO MAKE THIS DECISION REGARDLESS OF HIS OPINION.
On our way back to his office, Dr. I-Have-A-Doctorate-So-I'm-Better-Than-You lost a lot of his 'tude with me. "It's not usual to meet a parent who is so determined, informed and invested in their child's success" (no shit motherfucker, but I'm not your usual parent). By the time we got to his office he was doing everything he could to meet several of my requests regarding LCpl Tyler.
In other words..DON'T FUCK WITH ME BITCHES, GREER WILL CHEW YOU UP, SPIT YOU THE FUCK OUT AND YOU WILL LIKE IT AND BEG FOR MORE.
Now to my point.
I left there feeling extremely angry that my child - a black male - was IMMEDIATELY being put on a track for failure. That he was considered an AT RISK student that the system should just THROW AWAY.
Fuck these people. LCpl Tyler IS an asshole. But he's MY asshole. Yes, he's had issues, problems, done stupid shit that got him in trouble. But he's not in jail, isn't being picked up by the police every other week, doesn't do drugs (I had him tested, he's clean) and hasn't gotten some chick pregnant. On the whole, HE'S A PRETTY GOOD KID who just needs to control his temper, watch his mouth and put a little more effort into his schoolwork.
KINDA LIKE EVERY OTHER FUCKING TEENAGER IN AMERICA - BLACK, WHITE OR INDIFFERENT.
Just because he's black, comes from a broken home, has a single mom does NOT mean he is EXPENDABLE.
I'm pissed. I'm pissed BEYOND WORDS that MY CHILD is being labeled. That the fucking assholes that ARE expendable have set the standard by which MY KID is being judged and sentenced.
Fuck this racist bullshit. Just FUCK IT IN THE ASS. For the next two years I am going to be SO FAR UP THEIR ASSES they will be THRILLED LCpl Tyler is graduating and maybe, just maybe they won't be so fucking quick to judge the next black male as EXPENDABLE.
There are 4 days left in the school year. I got a call from the principal at LCpl Tyler's school to come get him. He's been suspended for 5 days. (Really? 5 days and there are only 4 left?)
Apparently LCpl Tyler used the word FUCK (as in "Who the fuck cares") while being chewed out by a teacher. Apparently some little chick in his class was putting out cupcakes (this is High School fer chrissakes!), LCpl Tyler stood up to see what kind they were, said chick told him "Sit the fuck down and shut up, we're not ready", to which LCpl Tyler responded "Ok, calm down, no problem". His pinky-dicked teacher proceeded to send LCpl Tyler out to the hall to chew him a new asshole for DARING to talk back to someone who cursed at HIM first. (Note that LCpl Tyler did not curse at this chick and kept his cool. He knows the dealie with girls, they get a pass for being bitches.) Said dickless wonder teacher then proceeds to chew LCpl Tyler out, at which point LCpl Tyler said "Who the fuck cares?" Well, apparently the dickless wonder did (note, LCpl Tyler did NOT direct the word fuck AT his teacher personally.)
So I had to leave work to go pick him up. This is where the shit hit the fan for me.
The principal, Dr. I-Have-A-Doctorate-So-I'm-Better-Than-You proceeded to suggest that I may want to consider putting LCpl Tyler in a "special school" in VA Beach where he would get his GED in 5 months as school "isn't for everyone".
WHAT. THE. FUCK??????
Dr. I-Have-A-Doctorate-So-I'm-Better-Than-You then suggested that, "If he has anger management issues perhaps medication would be appropriate."
WHAT. THE. FUCK?????
Now let me point out a few things here. First, I may write like a fucking Shaneequa on here sometimes, but IRL in these situations and at work I am the very definition of professionalism and poise. (I vent here so the inner Shaneequa DOES come out sometimes.) Second, LCpl Tyler has not been in trouble at school for ANYTHING serious in 2 yrs.
SO HOW THE MOTHER FUCK DO YOU DETERMINE THAT ONE INCIDENT JUSTIFIES PUTTING MY FUCKING SON ON THE TRACK TO LOSER BLACK MALE????
I explained to Dr. I-Have-A-Doctorate-So-I'm-Better-Than-You that: a) I may have issues with LCpl Tyler's behavior, but he is neither a failure nor a juvenile delinquent; b) he is healthy, has been tested for every disability out there and it has been determined he HAS NO LEARNING/BEHAVIORIAL issues that require MEDICATION; c) I take full responsibility for getting LCpl Tyler to the age of 18 with a high school diploma; and d) I am not the type of parent that is looking for an "out" with my child due to the normal flow of growing up by tossing him away or sedating him into obedience.
I then told Dr. I-Have-A-Doctorate-So-I'm-Better-Than-You that I would like to have LCpl Tyler's Gunney Sgt present. So we went down there. OH YEAH Dr. I-Have-A-Doctorate-So-I'm-Better-Than-You - LCpl Tyler has been a CLASS LEADER ALL YEAR, HE'S VERY RESPONSIBLE, VERY SELF-CONFIDENT AND IS RESPECTED BY HIS SGT AND HIS CLASSMATES. "It must have been an abberation, but I'm sure LCpl Tyler will learn from this." (Go Gunney, Go Gunney, It's your birfday!) So FUCK YOU. Of course Dr. I-Have-A-Doctorate-So-I'm-Better-Than-You was shocked, shocked I tell ya.
I also informed Dr. I-Have-A-Doctorate-So-I'm-Better-Than-You that LCpl Tyler would attend summer school for the next 2 years to ensure he graduates in 2011. LCpl Tyler expressed his dislike for this arrangement and Dr. I-Have-A-Doctorate-So-I'm-Better-Than-You had THE NERVE to ask me why I would put him in summer school when he seemed so against it. I then informed Dr. I-Have-A-Doctorate-So-I'm-Better-Than-You that last time I checked, LCpl Tyler was a MINOR, that I was his PARENT and as such I had EVERY LEGAL RIGHT TO MAKE THIS DECISION REGARDLESS OF HIS OPINION.
On our way back to his office, Dr. I-Have-A-Doctorate-So-I'm-Better-Than-You lost a lot of his 'tude with me. "It's not usual to meet a parent who is so determined, informed and invested in their child's success" (no shit motherfucker, but I'm not your usual parent). By the time we got to his office he was doing everything he could to meet several of my requests regarding LCpl Tyler.
In other words..DON'T FUCK WITH ME BITCHES, GREER WILL CHEW YOU UP, SPIT YOU THE FUCK OUT AND YOU WILL LIKE IT AND BEG FOR MORE.
Now to my point.
I left there feeling extremely angry that my child - a black male - was IMMEDIATELY being put on a track for failure. That he was considered an AT RISK student that the system should just THROW AWAY.
Fuck these people. LCpl Tyler IS an asshole. But he's MY asshole. Yes, he's had issues, problems, done stupid shit that got him in trouble. But he's not in jail, isn't being picked up by the police every other week, doesn't do drugs (I had him tested, he's clean) and hasn't gotten some chick pregnant. On the whole, HE'S A PRETTY GOOD KID who just needs to control his temper, watch his mouth and put a little more effort into his schoolwork.
KINDA LIKE EVERY OTHER FUCKING TEENAGER IN AMERICA - BLACK, WHITE OR INDIFFERENT.
Just because he's black, comes from a broken home, has a single mom does NOT mean he is EXPENDABLE.
I'm pissed. I'm pissed BEYOND WORDS that MY CHILD is being labeled. That the fucking assholes that ARE expendable have set the standard by which MY KID is being judged and sentenced.
Fuck this racist bullshit. Just FUCK IT IN THE ASS. For the next two years I am going to be SO FAR UP THEIR ASSES they will be THRILLED LCpl Tyler is graduating and maybe, just maybe they won't be so fucking quick to judge the next black male as EXPENDABLE.
Labels: being black in america, parentude, racism

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home