Unselfish selfishness
I got a call from my BFF today asking if I could drive her to the hospital. She was going to check herself in to the psych ward.
So naturally, I told her of course I would and to call me when she wanted me to come over to the house to pick her up. I'd leave work and would be there for whatever she needed.
Instead of her, I got a call from her shrink asking me to come get her. She wasn't in a state to drive. I dropped everything and sped off to the shrink's office.
I got there to find my BFF curled up in the fetal position on the couch. Suffice it to say, I got her to the hospital and checked in.
Now I'm ready to find her "partner" and rip her a new one.
Kimmie has always been one of the most balanced people I know. I really credit not offing myself after the dead husband died to her calm, practical, honest strength during that time. When I went on a fuck-fest a year later, she let me get it out of my system and let me cry on her shoulder. When I went on a drinking binge, she reminded me I had to sober up. When I went to jail, she bailed me out.
I died a lot inside seeing her like that today.
I've always known she was in a dysfunctional relationship. Her partner is a non-practicing catholic who is in denial of her homosexuality. She has self-esteem and self-image issues. She shows Kimmie NO affection and they haven't been intimate for years. Everything is about HER. It's killing my best friend and I HAVE NOW HAD ENOUGH.
I've respected Kimmie's relationship, her feelings for this bitch, her co-dependency and her enabling. I guess about a month ago I finally let it all out and told her how I felt about what I'd been seeing. Kimmie knows it and her shrink had finally gotten her to think about HERSELF for a change. Really all of this is the slow death of a fucked up relationship and the near death of one of the partners.
My loyalty lies with my best friend. Not the cunt who is killing her.
Oh yeah, and it's Beltaine.
So naturally, I told her of course I would and to call me when she wanted me to come over to the house to pick her up. I'd leave work and would be there for whatever she needed.
Instead of her, I got a call from her shrink asking me to come get her. She wasn't in a state to drive. I dropped everything and sped off to the shrink's office.
I got there to find my BFF curled up in the fetal position on the couch. Suffice it to say, I got her to the hospital and checked in.
Now I'm ready to find her "partner" and rip her a new one.
Kimmie has always been one of the most balanced people I know. I really credit not offing myself after the dead husband died to her calm, practical, honest strength during that time. When I went on a fuck-fest a year later, she let me get it out of my system and let me cry on her shoulder. When I went on a drinking binge, she reminded me I had to sober up. When I went to jail, she bailed me out.
I died a lot inside seeing her like that today.
I've always known she was in a dysfunctional relationship. Her partner is a non-practicing catholic who is in denial of her homosexuality. She has self-esteem and self-image issues. She shows Kimmie NO affection and they haven't been intimate for years. Everything is about HER. It's killing my best friend and I HAVE NOW HAD ENOUGH.
I've respected Kimmie's relationship, her feelings for this bitch, her co-dependency and her enabling. I guess about a month ago I finally let it all out and told her how I felt about what I'd been seeing. Kimmie knows it and her shrink had finally gotten her to think about HERSELF for a change. Really all of this is the slow death of a fucked up relationship and the near death of one of the partners.
My loyalty lies with my best friend. Not the cunt who is killing her.
Oh yeah, and it's Beltaine.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home