Chanelling my inner Shaneequa
I'm beginning to think 99% of the people in the world are total idiots.
This is an upgrade from my original estimate of 60%
Almost 6 months ago, we had a problem with the hot water. The management company sent a guy out who simply turned up the thermostat and said "done!". Uh, no. 2 hrs later the condo association prez came up to say the unit downstairs was flooded. WELL DUH, you turn up the temp, the pvc release pipe bows out and doesn't drip into the overflow pan. So the condo prez called a plumber who came out and ACTUALLY FIXED it. Then they sent one of those clean up companies to get the water up. I called my manager and explained it all to her as it was happening.
Within a week I got a bill for $5k. LOL. As if.
A comedy of errors, shouting, threats of lawsuits etc ensued for a good month. While I still have a hole in my wall and no baseboards.
So the manager calls me yesterday and asks if anyone has come out to fix this shit. Um, no bitch - did YOU call anyone? This is not my responsibility. I handle mine which is to pay you an ungodly sum of money every month.
30 min later I get a call from ServPro asking when they can come out to clean up my water damage. I told them um, about 6 months ago, so unless they can fix the FUCKING HOLE IN MY WALL AND REPLACE MY FUCKING BASEBOARDS GTFO.
Around the same time of the 2nd great flood (we had another one a few yrs ago where the ceiling in the bathroom in the lady downstairs caved in, good times that), I called to tell them the dryer was screeching. They sent a dude out who said "Oh, this is a 2 man job" and never returned.
So they sent someone else out today (well this evening as a matter of fact, 8 o'fucking clock, who says "It will be $320, you want to pay now?" Ok I admit, I laughed in his face. No motherfucker, I'm not paying you shit. No motherfucker, I can guaran-damn-tee the management office isn't open at 8pm. No motherfucker, I do not want to pay you and get the money back from them. Oh yeah, for shits and giggles, no motherfucker I am not paying you for this service call.
I really can't wait until tomorrow morning when I call the manager. The level of incompetence is MINDBOGGLING. See about a million years ago I was in property management and this kind of shit is what makes people NOT PAY THEIR FUCKING RENT.
I also had a cyst rupture on Tuesday and I'm in pain that is only slightly less than labor pain. I am an unhappy, uninsured black bitch ON THE EDGE. I don't know that I can maintain my normal white person facade tomorrow. I may look like something off Blacks Embarassing Themselves (tha's mah new definition for BETs acronym).
I dislike chanelling my inner Shaneequa for any reason, but being nice and white ain't gettin me anywhere.
AND I STILL HAVE A FUCKING HOLE IN MY LIVINGROOM WALL, DAMMIT.
This is an upgrade from my original estimate of 60%
Almost 6 months ago, we had a problem with the hot water. The management company sent a guy out who simply turned up the thermostat and said "done!". Uh, no. 2 hrs later the condo association prez came up to say the unit downstairs was flooded. WELL DUH, you turn up the temp, the pvc release pipe bows out and doesn't drip into the overflow pan. So the condo prez called a plumber who came out and ACTUALLY FIXED it. Then they sent one of those clean up companies to get the water up. I called my manager and explained it all to her as it was happening.
Within a week I got a bill for $5k. LOL. As if.
A comedy of errors, shouting, threats of lawsuits etc ensued for a good month. While I still have a hole in my wall and no baseboards.
So the manager calls me yesterday and asks if anyone has come out to fix this shit. Um, no bitch - did YOU call anyone? This is not my responsibility. I handle mine which is to pay you an ungodly sum of money every month.
30 min later I get a call from ServPro asking when they can come out to clean up my water damage. I told them um, about 6 months ago, so unless they can fix the FUCKING HOLE IN MY WALL AND REPLACE MY FUCKING BASEBOARDS GTFO.
Around the same time of the 2nd great flood (we had another one a few yrs ago where the ceiling in the bathroom in the lady downstairs caved in, good times that), I called to tell them the dryer was screeching. They sent a dude out who said "Oh, this is a 2 man job" and never returned.
So they sent someone else out today (well this evening as a matter of fact, 8 o'fucking clock, who says "It will be $320, you want to pay now?" Ok I admit, I laughed in his face. No motherfucker, I'm not paying you shit. No motherfucker, I can guaran-damn-tee the management office isn't open at 8pm. No motherfucker, I do not want to pay you and get the money back from them. Oh yeah, for shits and giggles, no motherfucker I am not paying you for this service call.
I really can't wait until tomorrow morning when I call the manager. The level of incompetence is MINDBOGGLING. See about a million years ago I was in property management and this kind of shit is what makes people NOT PAY THEIR FUCKING RENT.
I also had a cyst rupture on Tuesday and I'm in pain that is only slightly less than labor pain. I am an unhappy, uninsured black bitch ON THE EDGE. I don't know that I can maintain my normal white person facade tomorrow. I may look like something off Blacks Embarassing Themselves (tha's mah new definition for BETs acronym).
I dislike chanelling my inner Shaneequa for any reason, but being nice and white ain't gettin me anywhere.
AND I STILL HAVE A FUCKING HOLE IN MY LIVINGROOM WALL, DAMMIT.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home