Monday, August 03, 2009

Child labor - it's a LEARNING experience!

Er..let's try this again. Blogger ated my post.

My house is a disaster. I can't begin to describe it.

I got two 5 gallon buckets of paint for free from the painting company next door at work. That was a blessing from the Gods considering a gallon of paint is running $25- $40 nowadays. It's a neutral off white so I knew I could tint it if necessary.

So I went to Lowes and got a can of "fucked up" paint to tint it. I wanted a nice light taupe for my bedroom and managed to mix it up myself. I only spent a little money to get the stuff for a faux suede on one wall. I must say I'm pleased with the results. Instead of the stark white trim, I used the off white and it really softened it up. My room however, is in shambles. This of course prompts me to do some late summer cleaning and culling of crap. I also took the 120 yr old desk I was using as a nightstand and switched it out with the sofa table I was using as a desk. It's smaller, the monitor is up too high, but it gives me more room space. I am trying to adjust. I even ordered additional Goddess tiles from Thalia's site (over there on the right) to finish off one wall. Pics when I get the place in order.

The problem is I'm too old for this kind of stuff.

We've lived here 5 yrs. I took the place "as is" with no fresh paint, no clean carpets. After 5 yrs, 1 dog, 3 cats and 2 kids it's atrocious. We're down to 2 cats and 2 kids but still. Yuk. My light grey carpet is pretty much brown except under the area rugs. Carpet cleaning is budgeted for next month. Professional this time. None of that Rug Doctor shit I did a year and a half ago.

I'm restless. The Butterfly is overwhelmed at work and can't entertain me like I'm used to. It's also a good home improvement lesson for LCpl Tyler before he flys the nest.

Which leads to Sunday. I was so sore I couldn't MOVE. So of course I press-ganged Tyler into painting. He did the foyer and the diningroom and HOLY CRAP BATMAN he did a damn fine job. He in turn press-ganged his friend Dimitri to help him with the second coat. I offered them movie tickets if they'll do the livingroom sometime this week. Sean the Useless refuses to do it. Fucker. As we've only gone through half of one bucket, bathrooms and kitchen are now on the list.

Now if I could only figure out a way to change the craptastic bathroom cabinets...

note to regg: I heard you and I shall make every effort sometime in the near future to make things easier on your eyes :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home