Confession Time
I am insanely addicted to Nicholas Mosse pottery. And I miss the dead husband's bank account which allowed me to feed this addiction.
Over the holidays I carefully pulled out all the NM pottery I have and used it around the kitchen and diningroom for various things. Unfortunately, I don't have a full place setting of each, except the apple. I was working on a complete place setting for 4 with the apple and blueberry patterns, with accent pieces in pear and strawberry. Blueberry, pear and strawberry have since been discontinued along with my hopes of meeting my goals.
The search however is ongoing on the internet for unsold stock in these patterns.
The problem is they cost a fucking arm and leg.
I am however, THRILLED that I just got a small square pear plate (pic below) for under $50. This is a steal as my original large square apple plate cost a c-note 8 yrs ago.

So now I'm going to have to cobble together at least 2 full place settings combining my apple and what I can find of the rest. There was a grape pattern once but I've never been able to locate any pieces since the couple times I saw it and no one has it listed in their retired patterns. I don't do the flowers (although I could be convinced to get the clematis, honeysuckle or red tulip given a blank check) and I REALLY can't stand the landscapes.
I love my Nicholas Mosse stuffeths. It's as close to country hokey as I can stand.
Over the holidays I carefully pulled out all the NM pottery I have and used it around the kitchen and diningroom for various things. Unfortunately, I don't have a full place setting of each, except the apple. I was working on a complete place setting for 4 with the apple and blueberry patterns, with accent pieces in pear and strawberry. Blueberry, pear and strawberry have since been discontinued along with my hopes of meeting my goals.
The search however is ongoing on the internet for unsold stock in these patterns.
The problem is they cost a fucking arm and leg.
I am however, THRILLED that I just got a small square pear plate (pic below) for under $50. This is a steal as my original large square apple plate cost a c-note 8 yrs ago.

So now I'm going to have to cobble together at least 2 full place settings combining my apple and what I can find of the rest. There was a grape pattern once but I've never been able to locate any pieces since the couple times I saw it and no one has it listed in their retired patterns. I don't do the flowers (although I could be convinced to get the clematis, honeysuckle or red tulip given a blank check) and I REALLY can't stand the landscapes.
I love my Nicholas Mosse stuffeths. It's as close to country hokey as I can stand.
Labels: plain old stupid shit

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home