In which I am still held hostage by Verizon
Still no DSL at home. This is becoming tedious at best. Interesting study in what to do when you're not connected to the world though. I think it helps that I was born and raised before cable and internet - I can find shit to occupy my time.
If I haven't mentioned it yet I'm knitting stuff for everyone for Yule. I'll also mention I haven't knitted anything since I was 10 and even then I never got it off the needle. I had an epiphany one day about what to give the Butterfly for Yule that would be personal yet not so personal anyone would think it "funny". That epiphany was "I'll knit him a scarf!" So now not only is he getting a scarf, everyone I know is getting one. I have been making Yule gifts for the past several years so this is not unusual. The knitting is the oddity. Anyway, I went through about 4 incarnations of his scarf and yesterday while watching a "Planet of the Apes" marathon (yes, all 6 movies) I completed his scarf. It is a work of art and a wonder to behold. I'm quite pleased and proud of myself.
Our coven is also undergoing some serious issues. If we can't resolve them I believe a couple of us will be hiving off if not outright starting our own. We'll see, things will come to a head in the new year. This is eating up my emotional capacity right now. It's almost like a marriage on the rocks but it involves far more people and their lives. As the crone I keep being looked to for answers that I simply cannot give outside of my own perspective.
We got our bonuses for the year. Mine was better than I expected, but not equal to my worth. But it will help me pay off some bills and that counts for something as I'm poor as fuck. I've even cancelled the health insurance as I need that money every payday to survive, not fritter away on an insurance plan that only grows my debt. I was getting railed at work about cancelling until I laid my ACTUAL financial situation (down to the penny) on the table. That ended the argument about how I was being stupid for cancelling.
Still not smoking. It's been 6 weeks now. I'm shocked. Still have cravings, but they're not that bad and I have learned how to mentally talk myself through them. I'm halfway through the program now.
So hopefully we'll have DSL by the end of the week. I miss surfing when I get home. I miss my clean email account that doesn't get all the pr0n spam. Think I'll get a gmail account and use that as my permanent email addy going forward. I dislike being in this hostage situation with Verizon.
If I haven't mentioned it yet I'm knitting stuff for everyone for Yule. I'll also mention I haven't knitted anything since I was 10 and even then I never got it off the needle. I had an epiphany one day about what to give the Butterfly for Yule that would be personal yet not so personal anyone would think it "funny". That epiphany was "I'll knit him a scarf!" So now not only is he getting a scarf, everyone I know is getting one. I have been making Yule gifts for the past several years so this is not unusual. The knitting is the oddity. Anyway, I went through about 4 incarnations of his scarf and yesterday while watching a "Planet of the Apes" marathon (yes, all 6 movies) I completed his scarf. It is a work of art and a wonder to behold. I'm quite pleased and proud of myself.
Our coven is also undergoing some serious issues. If we can't resolve them I believe a couple of us will be hiving off if not outright starting our own. We'll see, things will come to a head in the new year. This is eating up my emotional capacity right now. It's almost like a marriage on the rocks but it involves far more people and their lives. As the crone I keep being looked to for answers that I simply cannot give outside of my own perspective.
We got our bonuses for the year. Mine was better than I expected, but not equal to my worth. But it will help me pay off some bills and that counts for something as I'm poor as fuck. I've even cancelled the health insurance as I need that money every payday to survive, not fritter away on an insurance plan that only grows my debt. I was getting railed at work about cancelling until I laid my ACTUAL financial situation (down to the penny) on the table. That ended the argument about how I was being stupid for cancelling.
Still not smoking. It's been 6 weeks now. I'm shocked. Still have cravings, but they're not that bad and I have learned how to mentally talk myself through them. I'm halfway through the program now.
So hopefully we'll have DSL by the end of the week. I miss surfing when I get home. I miss my clean email account that doesn't get all the pr0n spam. Think I'll get a gmail account and use that as my permanent email addy going forward. I dislike being in this hostage situation with Verizon.
Labels: plain old stupid shit

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home