Wednesday, December 17, 2008

One wedding and an incarceration (maybe)

My niece is getting married this weekend. I have to break her heart and tell her that we're not going to make it. It's only an hour away but I don't trust the car to make the trip and frankly I can't afford all the shit needed to attend. Like getting my hair done, getting dress clothes for Tyler, getting a new dress for me.

This is going to be one of the hardest phone calls I have to make to her.

My niece is the oldest of my kids' generation in the family on their father's side. She's also the ONLY ONE who has made any attempt to be a productive, educated member of society. Her sister dances on a pole and the rest of the grandkids (5 boys, 3 of them are mine) are fucking LOOOOOOOOSERS.

Sigh.

She's also marrying a LOOOOOOOSER (IMHO) but I haven't said that as it's her life and her decision. There is so much baggage hanging over this wedding it isn't even funny. Her mother isn't coming because her mother feels she betrayed her during her divorce and she didn't get EVERYTHING from my former brother in law. A lot of my former in laws will be there and I have NOTHING to say to ANY of them. They allowed my ex the asshole to fuck up his kids' lives instead of stepping up to the plate and telling him enough is enough.

We're also all sitting on pins and needles to see if my oldest son is going to be spending the next 3 mos in jail for his umpteenth driving without a license charge. Good motherfucking times, I tell ya.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home