A couple GAJILLION friends came over and we hung out in the front yard today..
I'll put up my thoughts and observations tomorrow. I have nfi why I can't sleep right now and I need to be up for work in 3 hrs. I was (as usual) conscripted by Mr. Davis to write a piece for Soul Patrol so I told him he'd get my blog post instead. Funny how he only shows up when he wants something from me. I don't think I like that. Enjoy the pics!

Please to look at the line of people in the catwalk at my Metro station. Please to know it's the first (last) station on this line.

This was the train we DIDN'T get on when we finally got to the platform..

..which looked like this. I have never seen a Metro stop this crowded. (No, I don't live in MD, I live in VA - Largo is the other end of the line.)

This was our train after we all piled in. There are 17 stops to go. LOL. They say people took 1.1 million trips as of 7 p.m.

The view at Federal Center station when we detrained. LOL.

Some fucking place in DC while following the crowds to get to the Mall. I don't live in DC. Don't know how to get around it. Thank the Goddess for the nice military personnel scattered about who directed us noobs.

Why did I take this pic? Because anytime you expect a crowd of NEGROES, someone will be burnin' some ribs to sell. I ain't hatin', just givin' a nod to an AMERICAN tradition.

Holy shit. Really?

Really. Please keep in mind where the Washington Memorial is in relation to the Capitol Building. Yeah. Really.

This was my eye level. Yes, I'm short. Guess how much I got to see? You can just make out the jumbotron by the tree. The only time I had an unobstructed view (which was at a crappy angle) was during the swearing in when people stood still.

An old, cold tired me with Tyler who looks not happy. Actually he was extremely good all day. Took care of his old mom and had only one brief moment of asshole-ishness. He did enjoy himself.

The EXODUS. Truly it was an epic event.

WE CAN HAZ SEATS on the way home. After a 3 FUCKING HOUR WAIT IN LINE TO GET ON THE FUCKING TRAIN. Remember those 1.1 million trips? Yeah, all of them were in FUCKING LINE WITH US FOR 3 HOURS TO GET ON THE FUCKING TRAIN. The next stop filled the train to capacity, lol. Tyler and I laughed while we sat comfortably.

And that's how WE roll.
Please to look at the line of people in the catwalk at my Metro station. Please to know it's the first (last) station on this line.
This was the train we DIDN'T get on when we finally got to the platform..
..which looked like this. I have never seen a Metro stop this crowded. (No, I don't live in MD, I live in VA - Largo is the other end of the line.)
This was our train after we all piled in. There are 17 stops to go. LOL. They say people took 1.1 million trips as of 7 p.m.
The view at Federal Center station when we detrained. LOL.
Some fucking place in DC while following the crowds to get to the Mall. I don't live in DC. Don't know how to get around it. Thank the Goddess for the nice military personnel scattered about who directed us noobs.
Why did I take this pic? Because anytime you expect a crowd of NEGROES, someone will be burnin' some ribs to sell. I ain't hatin', just givin' a nod to an AMERICAN tradition.
Holy shit. Really?
Really. Please keep in mind where the Washington Memorial is in relation to the Capitol Building. Yeah. Really.
This was my eye level. Yes, I'm short. Guess how much I got to see? You can just make out the jumbotron by the tree. The only time I had an unobstructed view (which was at a crappy angle) was during the swearing in when people stood still.
An old, cold tired me with Tyler who looks not happy. Actually he was extremely good all day. Took care of his old mom and had only one brief moment of asshole-ishness. He did enjoy himself.
The EXODUS. Truly it was an epic event.
WE CAN HAZ SEATS on the way home. After a 3 FUCKING HOUR WAIT IN LINE TO GET ON THE FUCKING TRAIN. Remember those 1.1 million trips? Yeah, all of them were in FUCKING LINE WITH US FOR 3 HOURS TO GET ON THE FUCKING TRAIN. The next stop filled the train to capacity, lol. Tyler and I laughed while we sat comfortably.
And that's how WE roll.
Labels: being black in america, politics

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home