Sunday, January 18, 2009

Reinventing the wheel, or something like that

One of my coven sisters and I have decided to break away from our current coven. This is some SRS SHIT that is both necessary and frightening. It's necessary because we have found ourselves diametrically opposed to our HP and neither of us want to continue like that. It's frightening cuz how do you "create" a spiritual tradition? That alone is some DEEP SHIT.

Our current coven is specifically Wiccan, although we all practice in our own ways. For me, the Wiccan label is painful. I don't consider myself Wiccan. Frankly, I don't consider myself anything other than the general term Pagan as I don't believe in the christian/judaic/islamic concept of god. I also don't take magic as this all-fired mystical thing. To me it's rather pedestrian and very natural. Very common. I also just can't get with rules. The church couldn't convince me of it's validity with rules, neither can Wicca. Most of all, I DO NOT believe that all should be love and light and sunshine and rainbows. My personal experiences have shown me that this _thing_ we call life, and these people we share it with can be some nasty pieces of work. So I'm not opposed to bouncing that back at them - with harm intended if need be.

My sister, I'll call her G-Mama as I'm G-Crone, is more of a humanist and earth worshipper. She's also never considered herself Wiccan and would probably shoot you if you called her that (ex military). She also comes from a really fucked up mixture of spiritual practices that I have yet to untangle. We're both pretty laid back in our spirituality and in how we feel it should be celebrated. So this is good for a starting point.

We don't know if any of our other sisters will join us. The coven really has been seriously damaged - I won't go into it, but it's bad - so they may come with us, they may scatter or they may stay and try to rebuild. G-Mama and I will always love them and welcome them to celebrate with us anytime they like.

As for a tradition, we've decided to go with the flow. We're really in tune enough with each other to know what may be needed but I can't say we'll actually create a formal tradition. But the possibilites of all of this is blowing my mind.

Maybe the Tiger born in the month of the Monkey in the Year of the Ox will find personal fulfillment after a long, dark emptiness. Go me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home