Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What the HELL was I thinking?

I am SO TIRED of painting I could scream. I believe doing the trim is more time consuming than just doing the walls. Really the only thing keeping me going is how nice it looks when each section get's completed.

While I lay on the floor doing the baseboards Miss Pooh thinks I'm there for her personal amusement. Silly kitteh. I did find out that the cats did NOT like the smell of wet paint around their litter closet. We had a couple accidents because of that. Thank goodness the carpet gets cleaned next week.

Speaking of which, I still haven't gotten my room as organized as it should be. Now I'm going to have to scramble to finish getting all the "piles" put away or thrown away. I've also got to call and find out what they will charge to clean the two area rugs. Otherwise I'm going to have to throw them out as they're dirtier than the carpet they cover.

Of course now that the walls are done, I need to clean the mini blinds. Sigh. I did discover that taking them down and washing them in the bathtub works wonders. Then I hang them out on the porch to dry and they're good as new.

I'm hoping I'll have just enough white paint left to do the kitchen. THAT will be a bitch but there is less wall space in there and it could definitely use some freshening up. It also sticks out like a sore thumb now that the diningroom is done.

Goddess knows I didn't realize how much work all this was going to be. I also didn't realize it was going to drag on for 3 weeks. Well that's really my fault, and I'm so happy with the results I need to just shut the hell up. Too bad I'm neither ready or interested in getting new furniture. I hate all the stuff in the livingroom and diningroom but until the boys are gone I'm not going to bother. They've ruined what was already worn out and I will be damned if they'll fuck up new stuff. I had to sit out on the sofa over the weekend and was tempted to put them out NAO. LCpl Tyler thinks it's his personal sofa and it smells like him. YUK. The springs are completely gone, I have nfc how it still manages to hold its shape.

(If) After all this redecorating gets done, the Butterfly has to come over and see if the ceiling fan I bought can be installed. I'm also going to see if he can rehang the louvre doors to LCpl Tyler's room. I hate for it to sound like a "honey do" list, but those are 2 things I really need his help with. Fortunately he's agreed, so yay me.

Well back to the neverending paint job.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home