While digging through the remnants of prescriptions past
Of course I've done jack-all with my room or the house since painting. LCpl Tyler and his buddie are scheduled to paint the rest this weekend. It's only costing me 2 tix to "G-I Joe". Whatta bargain.
My tooth is back to infection mode. After an entire day of attempting to coordinate a preemptive strike on not being able to eat, I went to the new walk in clinic across the street and got a script for amoxicillin. I'm flush with anger over my whole healthcare issue and I'm gathering my thoughts to post on that another day.
The Butterfly cut out a HUGE swatch of time to devote to me. How many people actually realize how valuable that is in this day and age? We're consumed with so much shit that time is precious. For someone to just stop everything they're doing and give you their time is quite flattering. It's also something only a friend would do and he's that more than anything.
He made me feel pretty - I know I'm not supposed to base my self of steam on what a man thinks of me but I'd be lying if I denied it so there it is. I ran out and got my nails, toes and eyebrows done later. It was a double pick me up and you have to take what you can when you can. Actually I'd put the nails off til I finished painting so I wouldn't ruin them. Feeling all rosy and warm inside just made me drag my ass out to do it.
Some nice convos with some nice people I've only talked to in passing. Common ground, shared outlooks, good stuff. Reminder from the Sims forum I frequent that I have an unfinished sweater to knit. I should do that before the winter so I can wear it. Well when I go back to the doctor and she lets me get the Chantix script (again) to stop smoking (again) I'll pick up the needles. Good to keep my hands busy.
Kimmie's grandfather died and she's not handling it well. She's never had a family member die and it's hard for her. What do you say at times like this? Nothing except I'm sorry and what can I do for you. I remember that when Danny died. Anything else someone says is worthless. Nothing you can say to a loss like that that will help.
So I'll force myself to get my room in order this weekend just like I forced myself to paint it. If I don't drive myself it will never get done. I know what I want, now I have to DO EET.
My birthday is coming up soon. I'm fighting the depression that will inevitably set in as I face getting older and older. Right now I'm not feeling that "you're not getting older, you're getting better" bullshit.
My tooth is back to infection mode. After an entire day of attempting to coordinate a preemptive strike on not being able to eat, I went to the new walk in clinic across the street and got a script for amoxicillin. I'm flush with anger over my whole healthcare issue and I'm gathering my thoughts to post on that another day.
The Butterfly cut out a HUGE swatch of time to devote to me. How many people actually realize how valuable that is in this day and age? We're consumed with so much shit that time is precious. For someone to just stop everything they're doing and give you their time is quite flattering. It's also something only a friend would do and he's that more than anything.
He made me feel pretty - I know I'm not supposed to base my self of steam on what a man thinks of me but I'd be lying if I denied it so there it is. I ran out and got my nails, toes and eyebrows done later. It was a double pick me up and you have to take what you can when you can. Actually I'd put the nails off til I finished painting so I wouldn't ruin them. Feeling all rosy and warm inside just made me drag my ass out to do it.
Some nice convos with some nice people I've only talked to in passing. Common ground, shared outlooks, good stuff. Reminder from the Sims forum I frequent that I have an unfinished sweater to knit. I should do that before the winter so I can wear it. Well when I go back to the doctor and she lets me get the Chantix script (again) to stop smoking (again) I'll pick up the needles. Good to keep my hands busy.
Kimmie's grandfather died and she's not handling it well. She's never had a family member die and it's hard for her. What do you say at times like this? Nothing except I'm sorry and what can I do for you. I remember that when Danny died. Anything else someone says is worthless. Nothing you can say to a loss like that that will help.
So I'll force myself to get my room in order this weekend just like I forced myself to paint it. If I don't drive myself it will never get done. I know what I want, now I have to DO EET.
My birthday is coming up soon. I'm fighting the depression that will inevitably set in as I face getting older and older. Right now I'm not feeling that "you're not getting older, you're getting better" bullshit.
Labels: friends, plain old stupid shit

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home